Prepare, serve and handle food in accordance with federal and state regulations and the residence policies and procedures. Maintain clean and sanitized dining service areas and assist in the receiving, rotation, and storage of products.
Reports to: Food Service Director/Cook/Executive Director
Food Service & Presentation
– Arrive in a clean uniform with a neat and orderly appearance.
– Hair should be pulled back and facial hair properly groomed.
– Adhere to any policies regarding body piercing or tattoos.
– Assure that the dining room is properly set up for meal service, i.e. tables set, condiments filled, and area clean and presentable.
– Greet residents and take beverage order.
– Return with beverages and take meal order.
– Check on residents to see if they are in need of anything additional.
– Clear away dirty dishes once resident has completed their meal.
– Work with other Dietary Aides in a professional manner and assist each other.
– Adhere to safety and sanitation rules, i.e. handle flatware by handles, hold glasses by base, wash hands between handling clean and dirty dishes.
– Know the menu of the day and the options available to the residents.
– Offer choices should they not like the daily special, provide them with the alternative menu.
– Avoid conversation with other team members while helping residents.
– Make sure that the Dining Room is cleaned between meal service.