Job Category: Maintenance Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: 20 Jacksonville Place Jacksonville IL 62650
Purpose: To provide daily upkeep of the common areas and resident apartments and maintenance repairs of the building and grounds
Report to: Environmental Services Director
Department: Environmental Services Primary
- Cooperate with all departments in set-up and clean-up of special events.
- Provide floor maintenance program (buff, strip and wax; shampoo).
- Trash removal.
- Maintain grounds and entry areas, free of litter and cigarette butts.
- Assist in apartment and building maintenance.
- Responsible for the maintenance of The Pointe’s bus.
- Assist with being on-call after normal business hours and during Director’s vacations.
- Comply with safety standards.
- Attend all required in-services and training.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all departments.
- Wear required uniform and report to work on time.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry weight of 75 pounds.
- Experience in housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electricity, carpentry, and painting.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls.
- Possess good physical and mental health.
- Must work independently.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of older adults.
- Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.