Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provide nursing care and supervise ADL assistance to the residents according to the Physician’s plan of care and The Pointe at Jacksonville’s service plan. This position must demonstrate observation and assessment of physical, emotional, psychological, educational, spiritual, and socioeconomic components of the patient care spectrum. The licensed practical nurse performs resident/family teaching and communicates resident activity to the Registered Nurse and/or Community Director.
Reports to: Director of Nursing
1. Assist the Director of Nursing in completing new resident assessments upon
2. Provide weekly medication set-up to residents on med assistance program.
3. Monitor the resident service plan to ensure compliance by the Certified
4. Administer prescribed medications; treatment and/or emergency care as
5. Provide health guidance and instruction to the resident and their family,
teaching basic nursing care procedures and general health practices.
6. Confer with Director of Nursing and/or Physician regarding resident’s
condition, vital signs, nutritional status, mental status, compliance with service
7. Document resident condition and any other pertinent information
appropriately in the resident chart.
8. Provide emotional support to the resident and family.
9. Communicate daily with the Certified Nursing Assistants and the Director of
10. Assist in the preparation for annual licensure by IDPA.
11. Exhibit flexibility in meeting resident care needs.
12. Observe ethics and confidentiality in regard to resident rights.
13. Participate in in-services, staff meetings and related educational seminars.
1. Must have thorough knowledge of the theory, technique, and practices of
2. Ability to organize and manage time.
3. Ability to accept supervision and see supervisory counsel appropriately.
4. Ability to recognize needs and express concern for people.
5. Aware of legal implications.
6. Ability to maintain accurate records and reports.
7. Ability to transfer resident from lying, sitting and/or standing position