Under the direct supervision of the Director of Wellness/Regional Director of Nursing, the CNA performs various resident care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal need, hygiene/care and comfort of the resident. Ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Report to: Director of Wellness/ Regional Director of Nursing
1. Provide ADL assistance to assigned resident in accordance with the
resident individualized service plan; such duties shall include, but limited to,
assistance with dressing, bathing, personal hygiene, toileting, ambulating,
transferring, assist with dining service, medication reminder and monitory
assistance with social reassurance.
2. Report all unusual/unexpected resident condition changes to Director of
Wellness/ Regional Director of Nursing, this includes behavior changes.
3. Respond to all emergency call alerts in accordance with community policies.
4. Assist with food service, housekeeping, laundry, and activity departmental
activities, as assigned.
5. Assist with the completion of resident assessment and ongoing service plan
6. Document on a daily basis as to resident assistance activities and resident
status in accordance with forms as provided or amended.
Completes the Following Responsibilities:
1. Receives report and assignment when coming on duty/going off duty;
2. Give report on assigned residents when going off duty;
3. Must not leave community until replacement arrives
4. Attend general orientation and training staff on duty orientation as well;
5. Is aware of/adhere to resident’s Bill of Rights/confidentiality of resident
6. Is aware of resident abuse reporting law;
7. Attend mandatory in-service training programs;
8. Utilize periodic performance review conference with Director of Wellness/
Regional Director of Nursing to evaluate and improve performance at the
Director’s request at least annually;
9. Is aware of resident needs for social/psychological support;
10. Flexible in accepting changes in duties/shifts/assignments;
11. Answers pull cord promptly;
12. Keep work area clean at all times;
13. Provide customer service to patients and their families at all times;
14. Monitor and track all residents;
15. Is subject to Mandation and cover all shift;
16. Assist with schedules and mandating coverage.